Keep North Fulton Beautiful is hosting a Bulky Recycling and Clothing Collection Event sponsored by the City of Johns Creek.
This event is exclusively for residents of the City of Johns Creek. No businesses or contractors please.
Pre-registration and a valid photo ID at the event displaying your address are REQUIRED.
Pre-register at the link below. Deadline: Thursday, June 2, or when we reach capacity, whichever comes first.
REGISTRATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED ON SITE.
Location: Johns Creek City Hall, 11360 Lakefield Dr. Johns Creek, GA 30097
· Bikes in ANY condition: Your great to good-conditioned bike will be donated to a kid in need of a new set of wheels through Free Bikes for Kidz Atlanta. Bikes that have seen better days will have their parts salvaged to build a new bike for a new kid, or will be recycled.
· Clothing: Clean, good-condition clothing. (Must be placed in a tied bag, no shoes, belts, or hard items in bag with clothing).
· Shoes, belts, and small working appliances in good condition (Must be placed in a taped-up box)
· Small furniture that one person can lift, such as: coffee tables, end tables, nightstands, stools, dining chairs. (Must be in excellent, like-new condition with no missing parts, scratches, or damage. No upholstered furniture)
· Large appliances: refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers, residential A/C units, ovens, stoves, stovetops, dehumidifiers, wine coolers and microwaves.
· Electronics: cell phones, computers (monitors and towers), computer accessories, CRT and LCD televisions, batteries (No alkaline i.e. single use "A," "AA," "C," etc. batteries; these can be safely thrown away in the trash)
· Bulky metal items: grills, lawn furniture, scrap metal, file cabinets, and lawn mowers (empty out fuel responsibly before bringing to our event)
· Home medical equipment in good condition: wheelchairs, walkers, canes, shower seats, etc. These will go to our medical equipment collection unit and will be used by another individual in need. No sharps, prescriptions, or used tubing.
· Fluorescent lights (tubes and curly CFLs)
· F.O.G. (cooking fats/oils/grease only - NOT automotive oil or lubricants)
· NO Medical waste or needles/ sharps
· NO Ammunition or explosives
· NO Pharmaceuticals
· NO Sports or exercise equipment· NO Waterbeds
· NO Vacuum cleaners (The cord can be cut off and recycled with electronics, but the vacuum cleaner itself will not be accepted)
·NO Paint or other liquids (We will hold a separate event for these items at a later date.)
· NO Fluids or gasses: (motor oil, anti-freeze, gasoline, propane, fire extinguishers etc. We will hold a separate event for these items at a later date.)
· NO Construction or demolition materials
· NO Yard debris· NO Household trash
· NO Glass or mirrors
· NO Tires
· NO Carpets, rugs, carpet pad, or linoleum
· NO Box springs or mattresses (although you can cut out the metal springs from the mattress and take the springs only to scrap metal).
· NO Baby items, toys, or plastic pools
· NO Alkaline batteries (all others OK)
· NO Incandescent or LED lights (fluorescent only)
· NO upholstered furniture
· NO Shower doors, tubs, showers, sinks
· NO Jacuzzis, spa tubs
· NO Window blinds or drapes
· NO Garage doors
· NO Countertops
If any of the items we will not accept are in good condition, we suggest donating these items via Craigslist, Freecycle, NextDoor or Facebook Marketplace.
Do you have items that are not suitable for recycle or reuse? Speak to your waste hauler to learn about their waste solutions (check the side of your trash collection bin to find yours).
Expect delays, and arrive well before 1 p.m. to ensure that you will be able to participate in our event before closing time.
See below for Event FAQ's.
Do I need to pre-register?
Yes! Pre-registration helps us to plan for optimal service for all attendees.
I'm not a resident of Johns Creek, but I live very nearby to it. Can I attend this event?
Unfortunately, no, you may not. This event is for Johns Creek residents only as it is sponsored by the City of Johns Creek. We will be checking residency and will direct you to exit the event if you are not a resident.
Is this event at the same location as last year?
Yes. This event will be taking place at Johns Creek City Hall. 11360 Lakefield Dr. Johns Creek, GA.
Is there a fee to attend this event?
Due to the generous support of the City of Johns Creek, there is no fee to attend. However, donations to our non-profit are gratefully accepted and go to support our environmental education, litter prevention, and water protection programs. Your donation is tax deductible as allowed by law.
Where can I dispose of items you do not accept at this event?
If your items are in good condition, try donating them via Craigslist, Freecycle, NextDoor or Facebook Marketplace. If your items are not suitable for recycle or reuse, speak to your waste hauler to learn about their waste solutions.
Will you be accepting common household recyclables like paper, glass, aluminum and tin cans, or plastics #1 and #2? Not at this event as we are collecting bulky recycling items only (see above for what we are collecting at this event specifically). However, JC residents are welcome to bring paper, glass, aluminum and tin cans, and plastics #1 and #2 to the Sandy Springs Recycling Center (470 Morgan Falls Rd. Sandy Springs, GA).
I have already pre-registered. Is there a helpful guide to loading my vehicle for the most efficient off-loading?
Will there be document shredding at this event?
Keep North Fulton Beautiful
470 Morgan Falls Road Sandy Springs, GA 30350 US
Copyright © 2023 Keep North Fulton Beautiful - All Rights Reserved.
Thank you for visiting our site.
We accept clothing and shoes in any condition. Items go to American Kidney Services and help kidney patients.